Should you get a bib or pants? Maybe you don’t have to choose.
It’s always a quandary: Wear bibs skiing for the extra protection, ample pockets, and spacious fit, or opt for regular ski pants to keep things simple? With our new Compound Bib for men, we wanted to eliminate that choice. Now you can have it all.
“Flylow attempts to end the pants versus bib debate once and for all with the Compound Bib: a two-in-one trouser that pairs bombproof materials and freeriding style with a removable softshell bib, ” writes Backcountry Magazine in a review of the Compound Bib. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
Backcountry Magazine reviewed the Compound Bib in their 2022 Gear Guide, where skiers put the bib to the test while skiing the whole season in Vermont’s tight glades, noting that the eVent fabric held up through it all.
“Reinforced cuffs and tough-faced fabric make these a true long-term buy for even the grungiest ski bum,” said a Tahoe-based freeride coach in the review.
Other features that were loved by testers: easy-access pockets, cross-flow leg venting for cooling down on a climb, and articulated knees for ease of movement. “Both testers buzzed about the oft-forgotten rear pocket for stashing a wallet in addition to hand-warmer pockets on the thighs and the removable bib,” says the review.
Both testers ended up wearing the pants without the bib top, but of course, that choice is up to you.
This is the transformer of ski pants: Wear it as a bib when you want extra coverage or as regular pants when you don’t.
splitThe extra-tough Compound Bib comes with a removable, zip-off softshell bib top so you have a choice in what you wear. For stormy days, opt for the warmth and protection of a bib. For spring tours, zip it off like those nerdy but versatile shorts turned pants your dad wears hiking. Air permeable eVent with Direct Venting™ Expedition fabric releases heat before you start to sweat. For the Compound Bib, we drew on what we’ve learned designing bibs all these years to make the most versatile option in the line. If you’ve been a fan of our legacy Compound Pant, meet your new favorite.
• eVent fabric with Direct Venting™ Expedition technology
• 30k waterproof with 0.06 cfm air permeability
• 100% nylon
• Removable suspender bibs
• Velcro waist adjustments
• Belt loops
• 2 zip hand pockets, 1 rear zip pocket, 1 thigh pocket
• Beacon loop inside thigh pocket
• Powder gaiters
• Side seam and inseam vents
• 1,000 denier reinforced cuffs
• YKK waterproof zippers
• High performance DWR (Durable Water Repellent)
• Average weight: 680 grams
Just like the doughy dumpling they’re named after, this midlayer is warm but lets off steam.
splitThese are the moments you’ll be glad you’re wearing a good-looking, technical fleece like the Pierogi Hoody: on a breezy skintrack, layered under a shell while standing on a peak, and at your tailgate at the end of the day. So, basically, everywhere you want to be. With wind and water-resistant hard-faced fleece, this versatile, active midlayer gives you warmth when you need it but is still light enough to wear on the climb uphill.
• Fleece: 94% polyester, 6% spandex with DWR
• Taffeta 100% polyester
• Technical brim - laminated to stay up in the wind
- High performance DWR (Durable Water Repellent)
• Zippered chest pocket
• 2 zippered hand pockets
• Taffeta elbow patches
• Drop tail for rear coverage
- YKK Zippers
Tough Guy Glove
- Triple Baked in Denver, Colorado with Sno Seal™ bees wax
- Baking process ensures wax is absorbed into the leather for waterproofness
- Pigskin Leather and 10oz Canvas
- Spaceloft™ Micropuff insulation
- Variations in leather are all part of the magic. Our hand baked leather items are like snow flakes, no two are alike and absolutely necessary for a good pow day