Sick of Netflix Yet? Here Are Some Binge-Worthy Wintersports Films That Will Help You Get Through This Time At Home
But before we begin, here's a quick pro-tip for casting these videos directly from this blog post to your TV. They're totally watchable on a smaller device, but we recommend giving these films some room to breathe.
2019-20 Backcountry Film Fest
This one is near and dear to our hearts. Flylow is one of the title sponsors of the BCFF. The Winter Wildlands Alliance has put together the Backcountry Film Festival for the past several seasons as a way to showcase the organization and the work they do to promote and protect winter wildlands and the human-powered recreation opportunities our public lands offer.
The 2019-20 Backcountry Film Festival is a collection of 10 short films produced by filmmakers from around the world. If your ski season got cut short, these are some films that will definitely cheer you up.
If you like what you see. Please consider a donation to the Winter Wildlands Alliance. This film festival is a big draw for the organization so it's incredible to see them pull off this new format given the current events.
- Welcome / Sponsor Videos
- Can’t Ski Vegas – Ben Page, Joey Schusler, and Thomas Woodson
- Drawn to High Places – Nikki Frumkin, Elise Giordano, and Jaeger Shaw
- Endless Winter – Nikolai Schirmer
- Leave Nice Tracks (Festival Cut) – Marius Becker and Dan Cirenza
- Soundscapes – Steven Bumgardner (Midpines Media)
- Climb for Equality – Caroline Gleich
- Colter: A Legacy of Adventure (Full version) – Sawyer Thomas and Riis Wilbrecht
- Backflippers – Luigi Dellarole (Highland Production)
- Climate Change in the Kennels – Denali National Park
- Peak Obsession – Cody Townsend